Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sea SIDE


On the marine drive near where I live, at occasional intervals along the picturesque seaside path, there are some beautiful odd benches to sit on. With the sea on one side and the concrete jungle of skyscrapers lining the other. Between the stark contrast are these seats. Not generally provided by the BMC , but by relatives who wanted to provide a memorial to their late departed loved one.

I know that, because they generally have engraved concrete plates on them: "IN MEMORY OF LATE SHRI. LAKHICHAND MAKHIJA, WHO LOVED THIS STRECH", "IN MEMORY OF LATE MADHU , WHO LOVED THIS PARTICULAR SPOT", say even, in one of the uninspired case, "TO ARJUN".

Some of these benches under the shade of the trees lined up along the marine drive are quite useful. I have very often used them myself as a place to tie up my shoe laces , or to sit on and draw and write notes of stuff going round in my head during a train ride from Bandra to Churchgate.

I have found from experience that my mind goes into freefall or freespree more easily on a train ride or a bike ride than anywhere else in this world, and I get some really inspiring and beautiful thoughts up there on the footboard of the fast local train hanging out rather dangerously with the strong sea wind against an 100kmph train brushing and pulling my skin and cloths, same for the bike ride except i'm not hanging out but speed racing the other cars unknowingly.

Indeed, some of my good , bad , bright , wicked , foolish, pure and evil ideas that has changed my life for the better or for the worst first saw the light on one of those concrete planks.

So, if by any chance there is a little money which I may aquire in future as a results of my decisions that I thought of here at this very spot between now and my death I would like you to arrange a bench or a plank which you may buy with my money and dedicate it me along this strech of road called the marine drive.

And i would want you to get these words carved in them " IN LOVING MEMORY OF BANZ WHO HATED THIS PLACE BECAUSE THIS PLACE WAS ALWAYS OCCUPIED WHEN HE GOT HERE TO ENJOY THE VIEW AND REFLECT" .

Well this is not a great thought but an idea on how to spend the little money that I may earn and save some for the future.
Oh ! Yeah !

No comments: